Guidelines for Final Paper Submission
To be published in the IEEE INFOCOM 2013 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the Full (member or non‐member) rate and the paper must be presented at the conference. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full or limited registration is valid for up to 3 papers. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE INFOCOM 2013 Conference Proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®.
Final manuscript submission will be made through EDAS. The final EDAS submission must be Xplore compatible. Full instructions for submitting your paper are included below. Copyright forms will also be submitted through EDAS.
Final submissions must be completed by 15 January, 2013 (8 PM US EST TZ).
Preparing Your Submission
1. Prepare the Final Manuscript: Please read the reviews and follow the reviewers' recommendations for revising your final paper. When you are done with revising, please print out your paper and proofread it. Final manuscripts must be submitted through EDAS in standard IEEE two-column format with a document that is IEEE Xplore compatible. The sample manuscript (pdf, doc, and Latex) in Author Tools contains detailed requirements and can be used as a visual guide.
More information on the IEEE's electronic submission requirement by visiting the following link Frequently Asked Questions about IEEE's electronic submission requirements. Font embedding is also covered at the IEEE website under PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore. Final manuscripts may be up to nine pages in length for the main conference, five pages for the mini-conference. Overlength submissions will not be allowed.
Please note that final Xplore-compatible papers MUST be submitted via EDAS. EDAS will perform the same checks as IEEE's electronic submission requirement checks. However, EDAS cannot be used to convert your submission from other formats to a pdf one.
The most common issues for compliance are summarized below:
- Author Order: The author order in the paper must match the author order in EDAS.
- Paper size: The paper must use either the US Letter or A4 IEEE template.
- Fonts: All fonts must be embedded in the document.
- Page Numbers: Page numbers must not be present. It is CRITICAL that your submitted document does not include page numbers, unlike the document submitted for review.
Please note that paper title may be modified from the submitted version, especially for the Mini-Symposium papers. In such cases, please inform the Publication chairs as soon as possible since you will not be able to edit the paper information on EDAS directly. Author names must not be added or removed in the final camera-ready version and must be identical to the reviewed version.
IEEE Communications Society does not permit the addition or subtraction of authors in the Final Paper. All authors listed must be identical to those associated with the paper when it was reviewed.
2. Register: Registration information can be viewed from the INFOCOM 2013 website. The registration deadline is January 15, 2013 (8 PM US EST). Please note that each accepted paper must be accompanied by a non‐refundable full conference registration (even if the presenting author is a student). For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to 3 papers between the main conference and mini-conference. Authors with a paper in a Workshop must register for the Workshop. The organizers of INFOCOM 2013 as well as our attendees expect accepted papers to be presented at the conference. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference. Please find more detailed registration information here.
You will receive an email when conference registration is open.
3. Submit the Final Manuscript: Final manuscripts will be submitted through EDAS. Login into your EDAS account, click on the My Papers tab, and then upload your paper on the link provided. A registration code is required before the final paper can be uploaded. (The registration is expected to be open on Dec 28, 2012). The submission deadline is January 15, 2013. Submit your final manuscript early! Manuscripts received before the deadline that fail to satisfy the requirements of steps 1) and 2) will be returned to the author for revision. When the deadline passes, manuscripts that fail to satisfy the above requirements will be removed from the Technical Program.
4. Submit Copyright Form: Papers cannot be included in the conference proceedings without a completed IEEE Copyright Form. Authors can submit the Copyright Form electronically through EDAS by going to the My Papers tab and clicking the 'c' icon in the Copyright column of your INFOCOM 2013 paper.
Paper Submission to INFOCOM 2013 Workshops
The steps described above for the INFOCOM 2013 main conference also apply to all of its workshops. For each accepted workshop paper, one regular registration to that workshop is required. See the CFP for the workshop that your paper is in for the submittal deadline. Papers in 2013 INFOCOM Workshops will be included on the conference CD-ROM proceedings.
Visa Instructions and Assistance
Visa arrangements for entry into Italy (if needed) are the responsibility of authors and other conference participants. If you need a VISA assistance letter, a letter can be created from EDAS. On the paper information page, there will be a letter shaped icon (visa letter). A PDF of the visa letter will be generated upon clicking on the icon. Further information is posted here.